Our body is like a complicated well-made machine. This machine needs fuel, to insure it always keeps moving and does not over exert itself. A human body consists of organs and systems the require a healthy lifestyle to be stay an effective network with maintained energy levels. You have to have a healthy diet, exercise your body a few times a week through physical activity, and have good quality rest and sleep regularly. It is best to start this process while young.
Good personal hygiene
As a human being, you need to take care of yourself which includes having good personal hygiene. It is necessary to practice and maintain good body care routines.
Our body consists of a digestive system, a circulatory system, and a muscular system. These are the core systems that should always be in sync and have function smoothly. Mahatma Gandhi once said, “It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” This means that your body is more precious than all the money in the world, so you need to take care of your health since we only have one body in this life.
We need to start now and take care of our physical health and avoid making excuses. Many people often say they are too busy with their daily lives , but it is not an excuse to disregard your body, we have to remember “a healthy mind is in a healthy body.”
There are many ways to care for your body. You have to treat yourself physically with love and respect; our body will reward us for this. Physical and mental health intersect in ways we still barely understand.
So, here are five easy ways to take care of your body:
- Exercise – This includes walking or jogging or do some activities that fit into your lifestyle. This is one of the essential things you can do for your health. It can benefit you as it helps with blood circulation. Exercise also helps you with relaxation and sleep quality. It can lift you up emotionally and improve brain function and thinking skills. Exercise offers many long-term benefits for your life. Whether you practice a sport or engage in an hour and half of activity per week, you will improve your health. As they say, “those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.”
- Eat Healthy – It is essential to replenish your body with nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and cereals. Your food must be balanced in lean protein, carbohydrates, and fats. You must have vitamins and minerals to make your body healthy and help fight diseases to avoid future health problems. A healthy diet can avoid high blood pressure later in life. A balanced diet can promote a healthy weight. Eating is the best way to assure our body functions well. We also need to remember that we should always eat regularly because skipping meals can affect your body functions.
- Sleep– As an adult, we are required to have at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Sleeping is what our body needs to upkeep a healthy lifestyle. Sleep plays an essential role in our everyday lives. It promotes bodily care by reducing stress, improving your memory, helping your body to fight infection, and maintaining heart health. Also, remember that, when you have a good sleep, you will be more alert, energized, and ready for a new day.
- Drink Water – Our body is made up of 75% water and plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy body. You must stay hydrated, and it is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Benefits of drinking water include clearing toxins, promoting a healthy complexion, improving brain function, and boosting our immune systems. It is also best to drink water first thing in the morning to replenish the fluids we lost overnight.
- Deal with Stress – Whether we like it or not, we cannot avoid stress. It is already part of our life. Stress will affect your health, you might think an illness gave you a headache but, in reality, it was caused by stress. You should learn how to manage your stress. There are a lot of things on how to deal with it that include taking a deep breath, taking a nature walk, do the things that you enjoy, keep in mind that stress comes from the way you respond and not necessarily the way life is.
No matter how busy we are with our work, school, or daily tasks, we have to consider our health. Psychologists say that by listening or understanding to our bodies need, we become more aware of our emotions and desires in life. We need to practice self care and self love to best take care of our bodies.