Total Time: 3 Hours
Cannabis honey is an extremely versatile base with a number of healing properties. This includes antibacterial trace enzymes, minerals, and vitamins. It is also great as a topical mask to use alone or in any DIY face mask. It is also perfect for adding flavor to your morning or evening tea or as a healthier sweetener in baked goods and cooking.
Before trying this recipe, please ensure that cannabis is legal in your state or area and always obtain any products from a reliable, certified and legal source. Please also ensure that you are above the age required to purchase cannabis. Always obtain your ingredients from a safe and trusted source.
Some of you long-term edible makers may be wondering, ‘how will this work without a fat-soluble substance in order to activate the cannabinoids properly?’ Decarboxylating your weed does all the wonders in activating your cannabis properly. Your honey will have just as wonderous of an effect as your cannabis oil after this recipe. The first step is to decarboxylate your desired and properly dosed out amount of cannabis. Prepare to get a tad sticky.
- 15 grams of cannabis (decarboxylated) and the properly dosed out and desired amount of cannabis
- 2 cups honey of choice (organic and local if possible)
- Twist tie
- Canning jar with lid
- Slow Cooker (crockpot) or pot and stove
- Wrap the 15 grams of decarboxylated cannabis into your cheesecloth and secure with a twist tie
- Place the cheesecloth into your jar
- Add 3 cups of honey into that same jar
- Place the jar into your slow cooker or pot
- Pour enough water into the slow cooker or pot so that all of the honey in the jar is surrounded by water in order to heat it
- Put the lid on the slow cooker – set to low and or put the stove on simmer to low – allow to cook for 8-12 hours
- Every 2 hours and make sure to check the pressure of the jar – crack the lid open for a moment to lease pressure – give the honey a quick shake to help with even mixing
- When your 8-12 hours are up – turn off your slow cooker or stove and allow your honey to cool
- Once cooled – remove the cheesecloth and squeeze out as much honey as possible
- Done! Now you have your cannabis-infused honey! Store in your refrigerator or in a cool dark place
If you don’t throw away the cheesecloth, you can use it to steep some cannabis tea! You can also add any herb or essential oil of your choice to this recipe to strengthen its health benefits or purely for aromatic pleasure. Such as:
- Lavender: Lavender can be used to help in aid anxiety and emotional stress as well as adding a delightful smell.
- Chamomile: Chamomile has strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties which are great for aiding stomach and intestinal cramps as well as aiding in nausea. Chamomile is also famous for its calming effect.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is an antiseptic and antipruritic material and is great for skin care. It is also calming and soothes an upset stomach as well as relieves congestion or struggles with breathing. Mint is a natural stimulant and the smell alone can bring your brain to function at a high level as well as spike your energy.